[WikiEN-l] Voting and "!voting", what's the difference?

Emily Monroe bluecaliocean at me.com
Fri Aug 28 01:34:56 UTC 2009

> A true consensus requires everyone to agree (or, at least, not
> object).

You're right.

> That is why things like RFA work on "rough consensus", which
> actually just means a vote.

See, my vision of "rough consensus" is something like "If you
eliminate people who !vote without leaving any comment to debate upon,
and who hasn't participate in the debate elsewhere, or who do
something like WP:WHYNOT, WP:NOTNOW, or WP:I[DON'T]LIKEIT what do you
get?" I guess this would be a vote in a sense, albeit a very skewed one.

Emily