[WikiEN-l] So, what is the deal with flagged revisions?

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Thu Aug 27 17:11:34 UTC 2009

2009/8/27 Andrew Turvey <andrewrturvey at googlemail.com>:
> ----- "Andrew Gray" <andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> The all-BLPs idea seems to have been abandoned.
>
> I can't find anywhere in the trial pages saying this - where did you find that?

Inference ;-)

"Thus, it is proposed to enable patrolled revisions, which uses a
passive flag that reviewers can use to mark a revision patrolled, for
monitoring purposes, but that has no effect on the version viewed by
readers. This passive flag is available for all articles. Flagged
protection is a proposal to allow administrators to enable an active
flag on a given article, 'flag protecting' it. Reviewers can flag
revisions, and the version viewed by readers by default on (semi)
flagged protected pages is the latest confirmed revision. During the
trial, semi flagged protection is intended to be used with the same
requirements as for semi-protection, and full flagged protection (see
below), with the same requirements as for full-protection"

In short:

Patrolled revisions goes on all articles; flagged protection goes on a
case-by-case basis pretty much as (semi-) protection does today.

There's no BLP-article specific rollout in the current plan.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk