[WikiEN-l] So, what is the deal with flagged revisions?

Emily Monroe bluecaliocean at me.com
Thu Aug 27 14:40:40 UTC 2009

> The idea is that full protection can be slowly deprecated and any
> page at all can be open to improvement by anyone.

Okay, but what about edit wars, and other cases of "Well, it isn't
*really* vandalism, but people are distracting themselves from being
constructive here."? I envision a future where semi and full
protection is more anti-edit war, forcing people to use the talk page,
and flagged protection is more anti-vandalism.