[WikiEN-l] So, what is the deal with flagged revisions?

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Thu Aug 27 13:17:22 UTC 2009

2009/8/27 Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com>:

> If the regulars editing have some auto-flagging to approve their own
> edits, surely they risk approving someone else's changes that were
> made in between the time they loaded and read the page, and clicked
> "edit this page"? To avoid this, you would need a warning saying "you
> are approving other revisions, not just the one you are saving".

Oooh, this is an *interesting* problem, especially with section
editing. Auto-flagging of own revisions seems to be something you can
turn on or off, at least for the two semi-protected states:

"REVIEWERS: Can edit; a new edit is visible immediately if the
previous version is already confirmed or when the option "confirm this
revision" is selected; otherwise left unconfirmed"

I'm guessing this is an opt-in system, and we'll have to encourage
people only to use it on low-traffic pages. Hmm.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk