[WikiEN-l] So, what is the deal with flagged revisions?

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 27 11:24:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Apoc 2400<apoc2400 at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Remember also that later edits build on the latest draft. There is no
> branching so a new persons edits cannot be left unflagged while the regulars
> keep editing.

If the regulars editing have some auto-flagging to approve their own
edits, surely they risk approving someone else's changes that were
made in between the time they loaded and read the page, and clicked
"edit this page"? To avoid this, you would need a warning saying "you
are approving other revisions, not just the one you are saving".

Personally, I think regulars need to encounter the same "delays" as
everyone else. It will open their eyes to what it is like editing
logged out or without an account (more reversion of edits).

Carcharoth