[WikiEN-l] Positives to publicity

kgnpaul at gmail.com kgnpaul at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 02:16:52 UTC 2009

Can't do anything but help as possible, from whatever forum.  These are the folks interested enough to click contact us, so there's certainly more.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
Emily Monroe wrote:

> Do we have a welcome mat rolled out and some magic pixie dust to

> tell people to please not be BITE-y?

*pixie dust pixie dust* ;-D

> We don't want a large influx of editors arriving to help after

> reading about things in the news, only to run into someone

> unfriendly or rules-bound.

I agree. Maybe have a Signpost-like note to everyone subscribed to

Signpost? Maybe have that actually in the Signpost? Something like

"Editors note: There's an influx of newbies, so please be patient".

How will that work?

Emily

WikiEN-l at lists.wikimedia.org