[WikiEN-l] [Wikimediauk-l] BBC Newsnight tonight! re: flagged revs

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 25 23:33:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:57 PM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/25 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
>> 2009/8/25 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
>
>>> Looks like it's a happener. Just waiting for call re: cab. Apparently
>>> on ~9:45pm (BST), but times may change at short notice.
>
>> Hang on, Newsnight doesn't start until 10:30pm. Did you mean ~10:45pm?
>
> Evidently :-)

And at the end of the program as well. After the interesting feature
on the Spanish Civil War legacy 70 years on. And the daily news round
up, it was time for Wikipedia!

How do you think it went, David? I like the bit you said right at the
end about how it was a surprise that Wikipedia became so popular, but
though I've got it recorded on DVD, I haven't re-watched it yet. I got
the impression the presenter (Paxman must be on holiday) and the
Guardian guy were saying quite a bit, and you were wanting to correct
them on some points, but didn't get much of a chance.

Carcharoth