[WikiEN-l] [Wikimediauk-l] BBC Newsnight tonight! re: flagged revs

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 25 18:47:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:43 PM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/25 Michael Peel <email at mikepeel.net>:
>
>> The latest estimate is 2 weeks time, or probably a bit later. A trial
>> of it on a test wiki started today.
>

> And this is the proposal that's being tried:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Flagged_protection_and_patrolled_revisions
>
> So, two months of it live to see how this runs?
>
> Another thought: this is actually more open than just locking the article. :-)

Try and read up on as much of the reliable on-wiki stuff as you can,
and try and get in touch with people who will be talking about it at
Wikimania maybe? And mention Wikimania, where I believe it will be
discussed.

Are you actually going to be in the studio or will it be via a sat
link? And is it just you or others as well? How long are you going to
get? And what colour is your tie! :-)

Carcharoth