[WikiEN-l] New York Times: Wikipedia to Limit Changes to Articles on People

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Aug 25 18:17:50 UTC 2009

In a message dated 8/25/2009 11:12:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
andrewrturvey at googlemail.com writes:

> I had an interesting conversation with a senior BBC exec on this the
> other day. Apparently, their lawyers aren't sufficiently comfortable with the
> copyright violation checking on Wikimedia Commons to be able to rely on free
> photographs, so they don't use them. Bizarrely they'd rather pay someone
> for an image, and hence be able to sue them if they had copyright problems,
> than get it for free.
>
> Which brings to mind an interesting business proposition..... >>

Fork! Fork!.... spoon?

Here at um.... wikifreeverified.com we ensure you that all our content has
been triple-checked by expert triple-checkers to ensure that it's all free
free free!  To use that is.  For your ease of mind you will pay us $1000 per
year plus 25 cents per image.