[WikiEN-l] Annoying exonyms (was: hatnotes)

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 02:18:36 UTC 2009

Of course the whole reason you'd want to put a reference to Vienna
into the article on Vienne is that it's a French name, and if you
happen to be reading a French text using Wikipedia as a reference it
might be useful for you to know that the name Vienne may sometimes
refer to a foreign capital.

Could we do that in French Wikipedia?  Yes, but why only French Wikipedia?