[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia reaches 3 millionth article

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 20:45:13 UTC 2009

None ever published have approached either our size or our
completeness. There is no experience, and no prior basis for public
acceptance or non-acceptance.   We have made many assumptions about
what the public wants, but  the public will want different things, and
why should we think we can fulfill every   preference at the same
time?   Perhaps the more rational approach is to do what  our
structure can do well, and let other projects in the future try other
ways and other things and other goals.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.