[WikiEN-l] I suppose it's not good to make fun of physics cranks

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 13:46:42 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 1:57 PM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> "So standard physics is a morasse of unprovable assumptions,
> unobservables, and blatantly incorrect theory. By now it comes as no
> surprise that wikipedia suppresses all the flaws. It is in the
> interest of their “moderators” to do so, otherwise sinecures from
> public funding will be in danger. These are soft jobs based on the
> intellectual inertia of Governments."

Heh, and to think we devote most of our time to expressing concerns
that *advertising* would compromise the public's view of Wikipedia's
NPOV.

Does WMF receive government funding? I thought it merely got tax
breaks (which I suppose some would argue amounts to the same thing).

Regardless, and has been said throughout the ages, "you just can't win".