[WikiEN-l] Flagged Revisions

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Thu Aug 20 19:38:04 UTC 2009

On 8/20/09 4:16 AM, private musings wrote:
> Big thanks to the developers and put your tipple of choice on ice.... those
> of us blessed with ancient powers of foresight are excited that flagged
> revisions is finally enabled on the english wikipedia!
>
> Well the smart money's actually on next tuesday, with the official
> announcement 'live' shortly after.....

Well, I dunno about that... ;)

But here's where we stand right now:

We've set up a couple more test sites to do some final shakedown testing
of Flagged Revisiosn and Reader Feedback, respectively:

http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org/
http://readerfeedback.labs.wikimedia.org/

I'm currently in the process of importing the complete set of
en.wikipedia featured articles onto both of these to play with. It'll be
at least a couple hours before they're fully populated.

The ReaderFeedback component will probably go live sooner, as it's
easier to drop in and has less visible impact on the page. The
FlaggedRevs setup is currently using the config from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Flagged_protection_and_patrolled_revisions/Implementation#PHP_configuration

After a couple more weeks of solid shakedown I hope we can get something
prepped that folks are happy with trying. :) (Over in dev-land we're
using a simple FlaggedRevs setup for our manual pages on
http://www.mediawiki.org/ and are pretty happy so far.)

-- brion