[WikiEN-l] Annoying hatnotes

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 19:20:34 UTC 2009

quiddity<pandiculation at gmail.com> wrote:

> Therefor, in my opinion, and according to my limited-understanding of
> the disambig guidelines, there doesn't need to be a [[plankton
> (disambiguation)]] page at all, and the [[plankton]] article doesn't
> need a hatnote at all.

Hm. I don't agree. We need to at least point people to the fact that
there are other uses, even if they are trivial. We are in the business
of information, after all. The only distinction being is that we don't
need to mention the trivia in the substantive article, and that
satisfies the substance-fascists like myself that still think en.wiki
can be an encyclopedia.

-Stevertigo