[WikiEN-l] Annoying hatnotes

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 20 11:11:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 11:34 AM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/20 Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com>:
>
>> That is why I am saying that it is best to have a neutral form for hatnotes:
>> "For other things with this name, see XXXX (disambiguation)".
>> Or whatever the standard wording is.
>
> {{otheruses}} and its variants.

Thanks.

Oh joy! Another one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Amygdala&oldid=307353683

"This article is about part of the human brain. For infilled vesicles
in rocks, see Amygdule. For the comic book character, see Amygdala
(comics). For the music composition arm of TV production company
Original Productions, see Thom Beers."

To be fair, this time there is more than just one other use, though
this time one of them is a similar spelling. But you have to smile
when you see comic book characters and music companies named after
parts of the brain.

Carcharoth