[WikiEN-l] Policies, notability et al, was Request to Wikipedians for BBC Documentary

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 19:36:30 UTC 2009

Of course I wouldn't put them up for AfD. There is no reason to make
the previous text inaccessible--and conceivably some of it could be
used.  I could do much more rewriting if people put fewer acceptable
(or at least fixable or mergeable)  articles up for unwarranted AfDs,
or did not try to change WP:N policy to justify deleting still more.

Now, I came here to write, but I've ended up doing mainly rescuing.
It's hard to say which should have priority--making existing articles
better, or  getting acceptable new articles.  My choice was rescue
because fewer people were doing that.

A difficulty with the updated EB articles is that people did not
normally indicate just what part was from the EB,  so it is hard to
tell from the face what part is unreliable. (It can of course be told
by looking at the first versions in the history, or by checking the
Wiksource link if present--or one of the other available online texts,
or guessed at by looking for  opinionated prose. )

As for the British parliamentarian, I can't identify him.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.