[WikiEN-l] Annoying hatnotes

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 19 15:40:15 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 4:24 PM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/19 Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com>:
>
>> Does anyone else get annoyed by certain hatlinks?
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plankton
>> When I go to look something up on plankton (a core encyclopedic
>> article if ever there was one), do I really want to have to read:
>> "For the SpongeBob character, see List of characters in SpongeBob
>> SquarePants#Plankton"?
>
> This is almost a FAQ on this list :-) The usual cure is a two-item
> disambig page. For an example, see what I just did to [[Plankton]].

Thanks.

I feel informed now I know about:

*Plankton Man
*Electroplankton
*United Plankton Pictures

Purist dabbers will dispute some of those entries, but I think dab
pages should be informative, as well as referring purely to things
that might conceivably be searched for or linked to as "plankton".

Carcharoth