[WikiEN-l] "Wikipedia approaches its limits" - Technology Guardian

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 05:16:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 3:04 AM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> It can be problematic. I frequently edit as an IP when I'm at another
> machine and can't be bothered logging in. The unexplained reversion
> rate is *much* higher than when I edit logged-in, even though the
> edits are exactly the same sort of thing.

Ah, yes. This was an obvious test I should have thought of.

One of my pet hates: when an IP changes a figure in in infobox or
somewhere in article, with no comment, and no source. I've heard
reports of people doing this as sport, just to be annoying, but in my
experience, they're often right. But it leaves you in a real quandary,
if you can't verify it either way.

Steve