[WikiEN-l] Request to Wikipedians for BBC Documentary

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 22:29:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 3:07 PM, <wjhonson at aol.com> wrote:

> OK the other side of the argument is "Wikipedia is not paper".  That
> is, presumably, that we have a virtually unlimited amount of space in
> which to describe whatever we want.

Indeed. Our size limitations are not physical, but logical. We're no longer
limited by the number of paper pages one can bind together, nor by the
number of bound volumes one can distribute, but rather by more abstract
concepts of readability, usability, maintainability, and so on.

I've been meaning for a while, now, to write a project-space essay
encouraging a shift from "notability" to "maintainability" as a primary
inclusion guideline. Lack of suitable sourcing makes maintenance difficult,
because it's that much harder for us to be sure of accuracy and NPOV. If
nothing else, the two ideas might complement each other well.

-Luna