[WikiEN-l] Request to Wikipedians for BBC Documentary

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 17:29:21 UTC 2009

2009/8/17 Carcharoth <carcharothwp at googlemail.com>:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Cathy Edwards<Cathy.Edwards at bbc.co.uk> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> 1. The inclusionist / deletionist debate peaked a few years ago
>
> It did? Maybe I haven't been paying attention. I was under the
> impression that notability guidelines were still a topic of heated
> debate as regards articles on fiction topics. Or has a guideline
> finally been thrashed out?

The original debate was global, there were people that believed our
standards should be much stricter all over and there were people the
believed our standards should be much more relaxed all over. That
global debate finished years ago, there are now separate debates
regarding different topics (BLPs and fiction are the two main ones, I
think). Classifying people as "inclusionist" or "deletionist" doesn't
work in the current environment since someone might be on one side for
one topic and the other for others.