[WikiEN-l] Indywiki, a visual browser for Wikipedia

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 03:32:33 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 8:09 AM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> It shows the first coupla paragraphs of an article, with pictures.

Why only the "first coupla"?

I do like:
- the separation of links out on the right hand side (our "don't
repeat links" policy is pretty annoying at times)
- the static contents on the left (our placement of the contents after
the first section causes havoc with layout, and is inconvenient to
use)

I don't get why there is any need for a dedicated Wikipedia browser.
All we need is better skins, or possibly a better (web-side)
interface. There have been a couple of attempts at dedicated browsers,
but do any of them do anything that the right AJAX-y web client
couldn't?

Steve