[WikiEN-l] An expert's perspective - Tim Bray on editing the XML article

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Sat Aug 15 01:27:03 UTC 2009

Abd it seems your slant has shifted, or maybe your shift has slanted.
At any rate, perhaps you could restate your proposal, focusing on what
you think should be advisory and what proscriptive.  I don't anyone is
*expecting* experts to do this or that, but that is quite different
 from stating that they *may not* do it, that is that we are forbidding
it, or demanding it.

If you don't do it this way, you will likely be blocked, it quite
different from, shouldn't you do it this way, or would you mind doing
it this way or ....

I think you can see by now that your original proposal, as framed,
doesn't seem to fly.

Will Johnson