[WikiEN-l] An expert's perspective - Tim Bray on editing the XML article

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Fri Aug 14 00:34:42 UTC 2009

"Please don't contentiously edit the article" applies to all editors,
not just experts.  So I can't see the need for this distinction you
think should exist. I'm still not seeing what you want here clearly.

I certainly hope you wouldn't be able to get community consensus to
treat experts as having a WP:COI  If a conflict-of-interest means
"you're smart we don't want smart people" than we're really sunk.