[WikiEN-l] An expert's perspective - Tim Bray on editing the XML article

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Thu Aug 13 23:24:27 UTC 2009

At 05:33 PM 8/12/2009, you wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Abd ul-Rahman
>Lomax<abd at lomaxdesign.com> wrote:
>
> > we might short-block [experts] quickly, if they do not
> > respond to warnings, but we would explain that we respect their
> > expertise and we want them to advise us.
>
>Nothing says "we respect your expertise" like a short-term block :o)

The short block is down the line from warnings for incivility. I'm
claiming we should expect POV-pushing from experts. So, unless it's
not controversial, experts shouldn't edit articles! As long as the
expert behaves, no problem. And experts sometimes have a lot to say.
No harassment for writing too much. Ahem. But talk page refactoring,
organization, lots of stuff to do....