[WikiEN-l] Drafting - was Re: Civility poll results

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 13 15:59:38 UTC 2009

Carcharoth wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 1:02 PM, FT2<ft2.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd be in favor of a "Draft:" namespace, which users could use for drafting
>> articles. Content to be non-spidered. That way we can tell a user to see if
>> some other user has started work on a draft already.
>>
>> This would possibly help collaboration, ensure only credible articles get
>> mainspaced, yet retain "anyone can edit" and the gradual development of
>> stubs without pressure to delete.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

> It's been suggested before. What it needs is someone to drive the idea forward.

Notice that if you now try to start the page [[dummydummy]], you get
offered the chance to draft it at [[Special:MyPage/Dummydummy
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:MyPage/Dummydummy&action=edit>]].
I'm not entirely clear what the preferred route is from there. But I
imagine suggestions for drafting as more systematically encouraged
should be grafted onto this use of special pages.

Charles