[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 13 10:28:24 UTC 2009

Surreptitiousness wrote:
> Thinking of teh community as a "community", it suddenly makes me realise
> I have no idea who the "community leaders" are.
<snip>
> The episodes and characters arbitration cases
> were instances crying out for facilitation, not arbitration, and the
> arbitration that resulted really solved nothing anyway.

It's not necessarily going to be helpful to import a lot of jargon into
the discussion; but I note that a great deal of current debate can be
summed up, not unfairly, as "the English Wikipedia faces an 'adaptive
challenge' or three, and blaming the ArbCom has become a 'work avoidance
mechanism'".

Charles