[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 12 20:26:13 UTC 2009

George Herbert wrote:
> I have found that in the case of admins behaving badly, the typical
> problem is more the backlash against the admin cabal getting in the
> way of focusing on the actual abuse, than admins or arbcom or anyone
> else standing in the way of warnings or sanctions against the
> initially offending admins.

There's more than a germ of truth in that. The "last refuge of the
scoundrel" used to be patriotism. For us it is wrapping yourself in the
flag of "you do realise that the whole power structure is fundamentally
corrupt..." spiel, denying that discrete violations of policy have
occurred when they have.

Charles

PS. There is no cabal. Take it from an ex-member. Ooops ...