[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 19:57:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 9:28 AM, Charles
Matthews<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Emily Monroe wrote:
>>> Mostly his habit of complaining on mailing lists and actively
>>> refusing to engage on the wiki itself, where decisions about the
>>> wiki are actually made. They aren't made here.
>>>

>> Oh, sorry, I didn't know his history.
>>
> You can be fairly sure that the people on whom civility enforcement
> should devolve, namely admins (given that most offences against WP:CIVIL
> should not require elaborate discussion), and who either think "so what"
> or actively obstruct enforcement, will take absolutely no notice of
> exhortations on wikien-l. The dynamic is that people who take part in
> onwiki discussions count for that. Lamentably, it's who has the posse.

At the moment, if I had to name anyone who's the civility posse on
enwiki, that would be me.  And I'm certainly interested in the
discussion here.

My attention is divided in way too many directions - we need to get
The Word out to the rest of the admin community and rest of the user
community, many are helping but it's not consistent.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com