[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:09:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Marc Riddell<michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

<snip>

> To be fully productive, to reach its greatest
> potential and to achieve its stated goals a workplace's culture cannot vary.
> To work, to create, at their full potential, a person must be able to focus
> on that: the work. They cannot be constantly looking over their shoulder, or
> live with the anxiety that an unstable, unpredictable workplace can produce.

I think it is a balance. Have too uniform a culture and the variety of
our output will suffer, both in terms of those willing to edit here
(imagine the people who edit Wikipedia trying to get along in a normal
workplace) and the diversity of the articles. There is also an
argument that a homogenous workplace would work against 'neutral point
of view'.

Carcharoth