[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 12 15:06:32 UTC 2009

Emily Monroe wrote:
> I sincerely believe that civility blocks are necessary. Not
> as a punishment, or a chance to "cool down", but as a way to say "Your
> attitude is disrupting Wikipedia, and preventing it from improving.
> Come back in [12/24 hours/a week/a month/whatever] and we'll give you
> another chance, and not many more."

You'd have thought that would be the argument: Wikipedia is a working
environment, and those who cause the environment to deteriorate are on a
warning. That's where things had got to a couple of years ago, and no
progress has been made since then. In fact there are brownie points to
be had in some cases by people who completely disregard all of that.

Charles