[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 12 13:11:58 UTC 2009

Carcharoth wrote:

>> on 8/12/09 5:02 AM, David Gerard at dgerard at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> It's good to see you assuming good faith and setting an example.
>>>

>> "Assume good faith" in this Project has come to mean "Don't ask questions".
>> That era is finally over.
>>

> That era never existed. There have always been people prepared to ask
> difficult questions and demand answers.
See for example the RfCs that come up, related to civility and
harassment. I, for one, would like to see Marc and those who think like
him actively participating whenever there is a chance to pin admins down
as to why they are shielding those who are uncivil or engage in
harassment (for which we have an adequately broad definition). These
points do come up, the forums for dispute resolution are open and free,
and those who sit on their hands are definitely not part of the
solution. I could say more, but that would be at the risk of autobiography.

Charles