[WikiEN-l] Lies, damned lies, and statistics

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 11:55:36 UTC 2009

Ok, here's a thing.

Should that really be in the wikipedia? It's just all about a quote.
Shouldn't that be in wikiquote?

I must admit, whenever I ask questions like this, I get 'it's dunn
enuff' to be in the wikipedia. Could somebody point me to
[[WP:DUNNENUFF]] policy because it seems to be a red link whenever I
try it. I've been looking for this policy, it's clearly one of the 5
pillars because it's used quite a lot, but I haven't located it yet.

;-)

On 11/08/2009, Surreptitiousness
<surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Jay Litwyn wrote:
>> "Durova" <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com> quoted Samuel Clemens in message
>> news:a01006d90904151712x2e95f41r9c2dcf17a4dcbcef at mail.gmail.com...
>>
>>> "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics".  -
>>> Mark
>>> Twain
>>>

>> In book called "They never said it!", that is identified as apocryphal,
>> which means that he did not write it (maybe I can find a finer criterion
>> printed in the book).
> Have just turned up an instance from 1892, in the */Birmingham Daily
> Post, /*so I'll add that to the article.*/
> /*

-Ian Woollard

"All the world's a stage... but you'll grow out of it eventually."