[WikiEN-l] The end of donations

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 11 10:09:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Jay
Litwyn<brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> wrote:
> "stevertigo" <stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:7c402e010907301615q7f86e8a1v5edb56ced5a80a18 at mail.gmail.com...
>> Sorry, thought this was going to foundation-l.
>>
>> -S
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 3:14 PM, stevertigo<stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It occurs to me that when people donate money to something, it is to
>>> some degree with an expectation that the recipient entity grows to
>>> eventually gain a certain kind of financial self-sufficiency. Is this
>>> not also the case with Wikimedia and many charitable donations to it?
>
> Carcharoth answered that question in October or November

<snip>

I'm not entirely sure I did answer that question back then (I can't
find anything on a brief search). I might have done, so if you point
me to an e-mail I wrote to this list, I'll accept that. Even if I did,
no-one should have accepted it at face value, as I was likely just
giving an uninformed opinion (can you tag mailing list posts with
"citation needed"?). And any case, what SJ (Samuel Klein) has just
said is obviously much better informed!

Carcharoth