[WikiEN-l] Report a Problem hack

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 05:14:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Erik Moeller<erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> It clearly requires a lot of maintenance of said error reports page to
> pull something like this off, but perhaps it would be worth trying out
> for a while?

Definitely. Now, perhaps I'm too old and cynical, but with all these
things, my initial reaction is "that would be great...oh wait, we have
this big community of people who will come up with some reason to
shout it down". Lots of the smaller wikipedias have cool features that
we don't have, simply because of the difficulty of changing status quo
in a consensus-driven environment.

But hey, if Erik is backing it, maybe it will get through ;)

Steve