[WikiEN-l] If anyone ever says Wikipedia is too deletionist

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 10 16:04:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Carcharoth<carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Is there a summary of what's changed?

Well, it's completely new, so check out the manual link on the page,
and the original requirements, which have been met or exceeded:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WMDE_contract_offers/Rewrite_CatScan

(note that, once my beta did all that was required, this contract
offer was retracted)

> One thing: when selecting depth, sometimes you want one category to be
> 0 depth, but the other category to be a different depth. Is that not
> possible?

It's explained on the manual page - just append "|2" to the category
you want to use with a different depth (in this example, 2).

Cheers,
Magnus