[WikiEN-l] Where does en:wp need most help?

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Mon Aug 10 08:21:18 UTC 2009

"Steve Bennett" <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:b8ceeef70908020616j742cfe6es9f1d6b7fa04b386f at mail.gmail.com...
> On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 1:37 AM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Efforts like the Wikipedia Selection for Schools are important to help
>> too (and feed into 0.7 and 1.0). Remember, that's a real actual
>> encyclopedia DVD being used in actual schools and hugely popular with
>> teachers, based on all our hard work over the years.
>
> *nod* Still working my way around the Wikipedia 1.0 stuff. There's so
> much of it, and not that well organised yet. But my point stands - we
> should really have a way of focusing efforts on the important articles
> first. Instead of "random article" we should have a weighted average
> thing that is more likely to send you to a high priority article.
>
> Or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/user:suggestbot ... See if the bot's author put
weight ON articles in a selection process. The bot has tasks other than fact
checking, which is really the most demanding task, so I think notbot might
like some variety.
_______
Ever notice the best taglines are always someone elses?