[WikiEN-l] Online Newspapers Considering Subscription Model

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 8 00:24:10 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Bod Notbod<bodnotbod at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 1:12 AM, Carcharoth<carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> I also looked at the deleted version of the article, and it was a copy
>> of this, I think:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_James_Sidis
>
> Yes, the intro is. Definitely. Then I think the hoaxer played around
> with the other bits, probably adding in his own biography (or that of
> a friend).
>
> Then made up all the references too (which were not clickable).
>
> How can you see those things then? Is that admin power or are you
> higher than that?

It is admin power. Some people claim I have other (higher) powers, but
they are much over-rated.

When you get the admin tools, you get a neat little link saying
"deleted user contributions". There is also something called a block
button, but mine is buried under six feet or so of dust. I really must
log out one day to remind myself how clean and fresh the screen used
to look without all the other links and stuff everywhere. As I said,
these extra tools are often much over-rated. The only really useful
one is the view deleted revisions one, as that allows checking of what
was deleted, which can be very useful when trying to ferret out
obscure details of what went where and what happened when.

Carcharoth