[WikiEN-l] Online Newspapers Considering Subscription Model

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 8 00:16:34 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 1:11 AM, Bod Notbod<bodnotbod at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 1:00 AM, Carcharoth<carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Just combed back through my last 500 contribs. Can't find it. If an
>>> article had been deleted would it disappear from my contribs?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> 05:24, 30 July 2009 David Eppstein (talk | contribs | block) deleted
>> "James Cornelius Leach" ‎ (G3: Vandalism: Blatant hoax with possible
>> G10 aspects)
>
> Ah! I could kiss you! I really could. Though that's mainly the cider.
> Hell, it's Friday night.
>
>> By the way, you have a very scary picture on your user page.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bodnotbod
>
> Yes. I think that's why I don't get any barnstars :o(
>
> I've vaguely thought about becoming an admin. It would put me on the
> wrong foot, wouldn't it? I think of taking it down. But it's *so*
> *me*.

It is the third or fourth page I've see where someone's posted a
picture of themselves drunk. I read in the newspaper that this sort of
thing is very common now, on Facebook as well and other places. Not to
make myself seem too old (I'm only in my early 30s) it does seem,
well, strange! :-)

As I saw someone else say - why not pictures of people doing some
charity work or on holiday, or doing some useful community service.
That would get you barnstars!

BTW, did you see the link I posted in the other post? That hoax
article was "real", just the wrong name.

Carcharoth