[WikiEN-l] Online Newspapers Considering Subscription Model

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 00:00:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:50 AM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> I found this interesting:
>
> http://www.malcolmcoles.co.uk/blog/cited-uk-papers-wikipedia/
>
> Basically, en:wp cites the BBC and Guardian more than any other UK
> news outlet. Because they're easy to link to.
>
> Paywall  for generic news = sink without trace.

That's a good find.

I confess I tend to cite The Guardian often myself because it's the
paper I buy (only on a Saturday, though: and I'm a fan. No wonder the
market's going down the toilet). And I am a BBC luvah-man.

A complete side-issue: but the BBC and The Guardian are often cited as
being somewhat leftie institutions (as am I), so that would give
plenty of succour to Conservopedia :o)