[WikiEN-l] Online Newspapers Considering Subscription Model

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 23:08:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 9:09 PM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Reuters to Murdoch and AP: "Go ahead and kill yourselves. Idiots.":
>
>  http://blogs.reuters.com/mediafile/2009/08/04/why-i-believe-in-the-link-economy/

Yes, I'm inclined to believe the link economy works.... with a caveat
after the next paragraph.

I'm surprised that I get some full stories in my Google RSS Reader: I
have little to no reason to visit the site. I wonder why they allow
this. OK, if it's a Blogspot thing and the person writing doesn't seek
ad revenue, understandable. But some of the posts I see in the reader
ARE funded by ads, yet they give me everything I need in order to
avoid them. Weird.

And this is the "after" para: I use AdBlock in Firefox. I can't
remember the last time I saw an advert on a site. An animated one, at
least. Sometimes I feel bad about this. But it makes me feel a lot
less bad than trying to read with an animation in my peripheral
vision.