[WikiEN-l] Online Newspapers Considering Subscription Model

Surreptitiousness surreptitious.wikipedian at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 7 20:32:53 UTC 2009

I have access to a newspaper library through my library card, don't
other Wikipedians have a similar access, or at least realise such things
exist?  This idea that newspapers will lose utility as a source if they
go behind pay-walls is a non-starter as far as I can make out, because
that would imply we stop spourcing from books that people can't readily
access, which would rule out huge swathes of stuff.  And anyone who
removes a source because they can not access it wants shooting, you ask me.