[WikiEN-l] In development--BLP task force

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 01:38:29 UTC 2009

The language of the board resolution doesn't come down hard enough on
the side of verifiable information.  That is, if something is
verifiable, even a direct quote from the subject themself, then that
information should be allowed to be included, and should not be
forcibly stopped from inclusion by aggressive article
patrollers-with-tools.  It seems to me that the way the language is
worded, the board is going to continue to allow harassment of those
editors conscientious to the evidence, at the expense of verifiable
evidence already broadcast widely across the net.

So I have strong doubts that anyone who like I, has spoken out forcibly
for the inclusion of any verifiable information, would even be selected
for a committee like this one.  If I gave a published interview ten
years ago where I admitted that I was once a male hooker, well that's
the bed I made I made and now I have to sleep in it.  Our job should
not be to suppress what's already been published, and the board should
make a strong statement that any tool-user who acts to suppress
published information should be de-sysopped, so the playing field can
be levelled.  It's hard enough to fight a billy club using only a
bullhorn.

Will Johnson