[WikiEN-l] In development--BLP task force

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 00:12:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:22 AM, Phil Nash<pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>>> I guess it would also be feasible and helpful if BLPs were
>>> highlighted
>>> on the usual Watchlist interface too? (Turn on and off-able in
>>> preferences, perhaps?)
>
> That would not be feasible, because any edit to any article can have
> [[WP:BLP]] consequences; consider, for example, an addition to
> [[Watermelon]] that said "<name of schoolmate> of  <smalltown, Kansas> is
> allergic to melons because they turn him into a pedophile";

Ha ha, I like the way you think :o)

However, we do have [[Category:Living people]], so if we had those
highlighted on Watchlists and in editing tools, that would surely help
the cause, no? And it could be a choice in prefs or in the tool
whether you want that function?

It can't catch all BLP problems as you've so wonderfully illustrated.
But it can show us a worthwhile subset, don't you reckon?