[WikiEN-l] Lists and redlinks and link maintenance

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 4 12:15:04 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Magnus
Manske<magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> PPS. Someone told me, months ago, how to set things up so that
>> disambiguation page links show up in a different colour to ordinary
>> links (plus redirects showing up differently as well), but I've lost
>> that. Does anyone here know how to do that?
>
> There's a gadget on de.wikipedia:
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-bkl-check.js

Thanks. That prompted me to stop being lazy and look up the old discussion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(technical)/Archive_49#Link_maintenance

That came up with the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Pyrospirit/metadata
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Anomie/linkclassifier.js
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Splarka/dabfinder.js

Can anyone actually explain to me (and anyone else reading) what those
things do? :-)

I *think* I have the "metadata script" turned on, or at least
something equivalent switched on in my preferences. Do I need all of
this or only some of it? I guess I'll have to find the time to fiddle
and experiment and see if I like what those things do.

Carcharoth