[WikiEN-l] Lists and redlinks and link maintenance

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 4 11:03:34 UTC 2009

Carcharoth wrote:
> <snip>
> I seem to have let my keyboard run away with me there. Sorry! :-)

It is interesting, though, to speculate whether there is a "mature
dynamic" that is or should be taking over. There would be a few
different sides:

- (focus on metrics) Article count -> average length
- (growth area) Turn redlinks blue -> upgrade stub
- (lists) Post many lists -> maintain lists in the sense that has been
discussed
- (direction) Topics people come up with off the top of their heads ->
topics generated by reading the wiki
- (hypertext network) negative curvature -> flat -> positive curvature
(this means that new articles tend not to generate a new redlink when
properly wikified, rather than tending to generate a couple).

I think the interest of this sort of talk is that it is complementary to
"quality drives" (zoomed out, rather than zoomed in).

Charles