[WikiEN-l] Lists and redlinks and link maintenance

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 14:10:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Carcharoth<carcharothwp at googlemail.com> wrote:
> One of the annoying things is that sometimes you can have a grouping
> of possible titles and possble redirects (e.g. A. Other, Any Other, A.
> M. Other, Any Middle Other, Any Other (disambiguator), and so on), and
> sometimes redlinks for more than one possibility have been created,
> but until the actual article has been created, it is not possible to
> create the other redlinks as redirects because there are bots that
> will delete these as "broken redirects". I've never managed to figure
> out a satisfactory solution to this.

At the risk of contradicting myself in another thread, is it not best
to just create a stub and be done with it? "A M Other was a biochemist
who won the [[Benjamin Franklin Medal]] in 1942. {{science-bio-stub}}
[[Category:Benjamin Franklin Medal winners]]". It's marginal for a
stub, but probably just legal.

Then you can make all the redirects.

Steve