[WikiEN-l] Do experts have a moral obligation to contribute to Wikipedia?

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 04:24:23 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 9:26 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://blog.k1v1n.com/2009/08/if-tree-falls-in-forest-part-1.html
>
> He thinks that experts have a moral obligation to contribute to
> Wikipedia, because it's the source people actually go to.

I don't think I'd ever go chiding someone over it, but he brings up a solid
point: if you hope to be heard, you need to speak in such a way that people
will listen -- this may sometimes include speaking *where* people will
listen.

As Charles mentioned, though, experts do quite a lot for us, just by
producing those reliable sources we so direly need.

-Luna