[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia:Paradoxes

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Aug 2 02:59:57 UTC 2009

I know you are trying to be rigorous, but your logic has far too many
assumptions to be so.
Firstly you assume that a property is eternal.  Predicate logic would
probably assume that if A exists, than that does not change, but the entire
message I'm proposing is that this property can change.  That is, God can
create a stone and then make it uncrushable.  Does God turning a stone from
crushable into uncrushable imply that God has done something which God cannot
do?  I submit that no it does not because God can simply change that
property back to crushable once more, and then crush the stone.

You are assuming that God is singular, but nothing in your logic requires
that.
You are also assuming that God is omnipotent.

So that's at least three pre-requisites that you did not state  clearly.
If you want to be rigorous perhaps you should start from a more  basic set of
axioms.

Will

In a message dated 8/1/2009 7:45:12 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,