[WikiEN-l] Where does en:wp need most help?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 14:49:47 UTC 2009

> But I'm  interested to know if the good people of this list are aware
> of specific  tasks/duties on en:wp that are woefully understaffed at
> the moment. Things  that really need doing.

My current view is that [[wp:1.0]] is really the only taskforce that
matters, and there is a huge amount of work to be done there. Clean up
the process, improve the selection, review more articles, improve the
articles that are going to be released.

When deciding whether it's worth spending money on a part of a
business, you have to know what the core business is, and whether the
thing is core business, supports core business, or supports something
that supports core business... Well, Wikipedia 1.0 is core business.
Find stuff that supports that. Fixing a random unsourced fact on a
random article is much less useful than fixing an unsourced fact on a
TOP rated article which is going to be part of Wikipedia 1.0 (and in
particular Wikipedia 0.7)...

Steve