[WikiEN-l] Notability in Wikipedia

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Apr 27 19:19:41 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/27/2009 12:06:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com writes:

> You are missing the point. I should not have to. If we have reasonably
> trustworthy information on something that commonsense tells us has some
> level of enduring significance, then finding a book should be unnecessary.>

How can you have "reasonably trustworthy information" without a citation?
Maybe what you mean is, "I have a citation, it's just not on Google Books".
If that's what you mean, than of course you can use it.  You have to show
that the subject is notable, that is still up to the contributor.

Commonsense is notoriously slippery.